Your rheumatologist in Haddon Heights, NJ, can help you find relief from rheumatoid arthritis pain
Rheumatoid arthritis can be debilitating, painful, and difficult to manage. If you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, you will be happy to know your rheumatologist is an expert at diagnosis, treatment, and management of the condition.
Dr. Mark Fisher in Haddon, Heights, NJ, is a rheumatologist who provides a wide range of medical services, including treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. He proudly serves residents of Haddon Heights, South Jersey, Gloucester County, and Camden County, NJ.
Rheumatoid arthritis isn’t like osteoarthritis, which is caused by wear-and-tear, aging, and overuse. Rheumatoid arthritis is a genetic autoimmune condition. When you have rheumatoid arthritis, it means your body is attacking the synovium, which is the lining of your joints.
When you have rheumatoid arthritis, your condition should be treated, monitored, and managed by a rheumatologist. Professional treatment options your rheumatologist may recommend include:
- Anti-inflammatory medications–to control joint swelling, inflammation, and pain
- Disease-modifying medications, including biologics–to suppress specific parts of the immune system
In addition, your rheumatologist may recommend lifestyle modifications, including:
- An exercise and stretching program–to help you stay mobile, flexible, and have better balance
- Braces, splints, casts, and other assistive measures to increase your ability to move and function
- Surgical therapy to repair, restore, or replace damaged or severely compromised joints
Remember that you can do a lot to help manage your condition. You should:
- Avoid doing things that are physically painful and stressful
- Change your position often, including changing your grip, getting up every 30 minutes, and other postural changes
- Use ergonomic utensils and tools to prevent help with dexterity and lessen hand stress
- Rest often to conserve your energy
- Take warm baths to ease painful joints and muscles, so you feel better
How To Find Out More About Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment Options and How Your Rheumatologist Can Help You Find Relief
Dr. Mark Fisher in Haddon, Heights, NJ, can help you manage rheumatoid arthritis so you can stay active. He proudly serves residents of Haddon Heights, South Jersey, Gloucester County, and Camden County, NJ. You can reach him in the office by calling (856) 547-8004, so call today.